1. Legal information
1. The lexing.network site is published by Alain Bensoussan Selas, a simplified joint stock company (“société d’exercice libéral par actions simplifiée”), with a share capital of 5,286,000 euros, registered with the Companies Register of Paris under number 452 160 856, having its principal place of business at 58, boulevard Gouvion Saint-Cyr 75017 Paris, France – telephone: +33 (0)1 82 73 05 05 – email address: email@example.com – EU VAT number FR48452160856.
2. The publication director is Mr. Alain Bensoussan, the President of Alain Bensoussan Selas.
3. The site is hosted by OVH, a company having its principal place of business at 2, rue Kellermann 59100 Roubaix, France – telephone: 1007 or 09 74 53 13 23.
4. While Alain Bensoussan Selas will strive to make every effort to provide users with a site available at all times, it cannot be held liable for the unavailability of the site, for any reason whatsoever.
5. Users acknowledge that they have read this legal notice and agree to comply with its terms.
6. Users acknowledge that they have the skills and equipment required to access and use this site and that they have checked that the computer configuration they use is virus-free and in perfect working condition.
7. Alain Bensoussan Selas makes no representations or warranties that its site contains accurate and complete information or will be uninterrupted or totally secure.
8. While Alain Bensoussan Selas makes every effort to provide users with information and/or tools that are available and checked, it makes no representations or warranties that it will be error-free, uninterrupted and/or free of virus or other logical infections.
9. The information provided by Alain Bensoussan Selas is for information purposes only. Alain Bensoussan Selas makes no guarantees as to the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information contained on its site.
10. Accordingly, users agree that they use the information and tools available on the site under their own responsibility.
3. Protection of personal data
11. The personal data processing operations carried out from the site lexing.network have been included in the list of processing kept by the Data Protection Officer of Alain Bensoussan Selas.
12. In accordance with Article 32 of the French Data Protection Act No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, as amended, Alain Bensoussan Selas informs users that it processes personal data relating to them, acting as the data controller. The data disclosed by users in the forms posted on the site are intended for the authorized personnel of Alain Bensoussan Selas and of the law firm members of the Lexing network for administrative and commercial management purposes. Data marked with an asterisk are mandatory; if users fail to answer, the processing of their request may be delayed or even impossible.
13. Users have a right to access, inquire about, modify, rectify and erase personal data relating to them.
14. Users also have a right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of data relating to them as well as a right to object to their use for direct marketing purposes.
15. To exercise their rights, users must send a letter, together with a copy of a signed identity document, to the following address: Alain Bensoussan Selas 58, boulevard Gouvion-Saint-Cyr 75017 Paris, France or at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Users must comply with the provisions of the French Data Protection Act No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978, as amended; users who violate these provisions may be subject to criminal penalties. In particular, users shall not collect or misuse personal data or otherwise act in a manner that may adversely affect the privacy or reputation of others.
4. Intellectual Property
17. The lexing.network site, taken as a whole, as well as each and every of the individual elements composing it, including the specific programs and developments and the content containing data, texts, still or animated images, logotypes, sounds, graphics, files, are the exclusive property of Alain Bensoussan Selas or any third party licensors. Any total or partial representation of the site or any of the elements composing it without Alain Bensoussan Selas’s express authorization is strictly forbidden and shall constitute an infringement punished by Articles L.335-2 et seq. of the French Intellectual Property Code.
18. The databases appearing on the site are protected by Articles L. 341-1 et seq. of the French Intellectual Property Code and any extraction or re-utilization of a significant part of the content of the databases, evaluated qualitatively or quantitatively, shall be punished.
19. The trademarks and logotypes appearing on the site are registered trademarks of Alain Bensoussan Selas or third parties. Any total or partial reproduction, imitation or use of these distinctive signs without express permission and in violation of the prohibitions laid down in Articles L.713-2 et seq. of the French Intellectual Property Code is prohibited.
20. The other distinctive signs, including company names, trade names, shop names, domain names, reproduced on the site are the property of Alain Bensoussan Selas or third parties and any reproduction without express permission may constitute an act of infringement under Article 1382 of the French Civil Code.
21. The site contains deep links placed by Alain Bensoussan Selas to other websites and particularly the websites of its partners or of the lawyers who are members of the Lexing network; all these links have been previously authorized in writing by the relevant site operator.
22. Alain Bensoussan Selas is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility over the contents and use of the links proposed by third party websites.
23. Users may not create a deep hyperlink to this site without Alain Bensoussan Selas’s prior written authorization.
6. Governing law
24. This site is governed by French law.
25. Alain Bensoussan Selas reserves the right to amend the content of this legal notice at any time without notice.
26. Users are therefore invited to check back regularly.
Last updated: 25 March 2015